Qatar tunnel contract issued
Tue, 20 November 2012
Italian-based construction and civil engineering company Impregilo has won the contract to design and build a stormwater drainage tunnel in Doha, the capital of Qatar.
The contract, issued by the Public Works Authority of Qatar, is worth approximately €100 million.
The project involves the construction of a 9.5 km water collection tunnel with an excavation diameter of 4.5 m, and the construction of 21 access shaft.
The excavation of the tunnel will be executed using two tunnel boring machines, and is expected to be completed in approximately four years.
The tunnel will be used for the collection of the surface and groundwater in Doha.Article continues below…
Impregilo is also currently involved in the construction STEP Project in Abu Dhabi. This is a 40 km–long hydraulic tunnel that will transport the city’s wastewater to a treatment plant.
Image caption: Doha, the capital of Qatar.
Share this article on the web:
For more information visit:
· HDD and microtunnelling combine in Seattle Tue, 6 November 2012
· Flashes of light at the end of the tunnel Mon, 20 August 2012
· Major milestone for Crossrail Tunnel Project Wed, 8 August 2012
· Cora the Tunnel Borer is released Down Under Tue, 8 January 2013
· Scottish Water begins tunnel procurement Sun, 9 December 2012
· Four TBMs firing in Ontario Tue, 4 December 2012
· Austin wastewater tunnel complete Tue, 20 November 2012
Tell a friend
Embed this article:
Paste the above HTML code into your website to embed the article.
Article permalink: http://trenchlessinternational.com/news/ qatar_tunnel_contract_issued/078628/
Do you have something to tell Trenchless International? Submit your news or information here.